Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The good, the bad and the ugly





Well, The rain gave way to a few hours of sunlight a day and my most of my seeds have sprouted. The beans, carrots and brussell sprouts seem to be coming up in there rows, but i guess the peas got moved around during the rains. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I will get some peas.
The bad news is this little pile of dirt. I am afraid it is wood ants. Normally, we get mounds from the nasty little biting fire ants that pop of every where. This is much worse. These are almost impossible to get rid of and they eat all the plants around the mounds. This could be very bad.
This is my attempt to tie up what is left of our tomatoes. Most people around here seem to have already given up on tomatoes, but I am hanging in till the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment