Tuesday, August 20, 2013

DIY Biodegradeable planter cups.

          I am one of those people that will go the cheap route whenever I can, and when it comes to my garden I am no different.  I want to grow my own vegetables, but it has to be economically beneficial.  That means watching every dollar, to make these cups all you need is newspaper, a tube from paper towels and some newspaper.


Step 1:  Take a newspaper and cut it into strips in which every direction makes the strips the longest.


 Step 2:  Roll strip of newspaper around the card board tube leaving one inch hanging off the tube.

Step 3:  Tuck the rolled newspaper into the tube, slide the roll off and tuck the other end.


Step 4:  Place the tubes in a small box that will hold them tightly together.

 Step 5:  Fill with soil, water and plant seeds.

          I used these for tomatoes, peppers and zucchini this year ad I won't be buying seed cups ever again.  Some gardens recommend saving all your toilet paper rolls, but that makes me feel like I am going to end up on an episode of Hoarders and it doesn't help if I  want to plant right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment