The quick rain clearing into a nice sunny day seems to be a great trend for the garden. Everything is growing well except for one type of corn, but it was seed we bought several years ago so a I am not suprised that it has not come up. My wife has bought some more tomato plants to put in place of the not-corn. We have big plans for the tomatoes. Should be putting up lots and lots of sauce this year.
The weekend will really consist of just Sunday since we have a soccer game for the kids and a parade to go to on Saturday. Here're a few things I hope to get done:
- clear more away from the pear tree to keep the squirrels off
- clean more of the dirt around the peach tree and possibly use some extra to form a little well around it
- strenghten the fence with some extra wire that is out by the old garage.
- plant the okra that I started in the house with the girls
- plant the seeds from the cantaloupe we ate yesterday around the garden
To do in the coming weeks
- plant some garlic
- get mulch for around the blueberry bushes