Thursday, March 5, 2009

In the Beginning

I have achieved victory over my tiller. It hadn't been used in three years, and then only briefly, before being retired to the carport where it sat, full of gas, rusting in the southeast Texas humidity. I was just about to pour the new gas I bought on top of it and light the whole thing on fire when it started. I had to pull out the carburetor and clean it, but paid off, and after a ton a messing with it I have (at last) begun to till the garden.

Having recently joined the ranks of un-bailed-out masses, I am out of work, freaked out and happy to be home all at the same time. For the last three years I have been going to work in Las Vegas, building stupid shit for rich people, but the party is over. I am looking at our garden and blog the same way: as a learning experience. Maybe I will get lucky and someone reading this will have some good advice for me on this country living thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment